Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hello NFL! How We've Missed You!

Its that time of the year again.  Sales all over the place.  Commercials are nothing but slashed prices for that wonderful fall event:  The return of the NFL!!!  Yes, its better than Christmas morning.  From now until February, the Football Gods will give us football back.  If you're thinking about that game that uses a "kickball" then God help you.  Soccer don't go around here!!

Fantasy drafts should be done already and the trash talking is in full swing.  I know mine is and I'm the defending champ so I feel like the Giants.  One difference is I'm going to repeat as champs and can't say the same about the Giants.



Trash talking in the league itself is somewhat entertaining leading up the the first game when the Cowboys visit the Giants on Wednesday night. I know a Wednesday game sounds weird but the NFL wanted to give Pres. Obama his night at the DNC on Thursday.  I couldn't think of a better way to start the season.  Eli Manning still isn't getting respect, with 2 Super Bowl rings.  All these poles about who the MVP will be and Eli's name isn't on the list.  What more does he have to do?  He has 2 Super Bowl MVP awards and an 8-3 record in the playoffs.  A part of me is rooting for Eli and the Giants this season.  Maybe Eli has to win one more.  He is capable and an elite quarterback.  Yeah, I said it.  Eli is elite, period!  I always feel the defending champs should get the early spotlight and some hype.  The Giants did what 31 other teams couldn't so they earned it.  Besides a rematch of the Super Bowl would suck.  Yeah, I still don't like the Patriots and I don't want to see them lose right now.  I can wait until Sunday for that.

I want to see if Dallas will actually play up to there abilities or maintain being the team most think they are: bad. There is always something going on with this team.  The Cowboys have to be the most dysfunctional team in the NFL over the last decade.  All the talent that has come and gone and not one Super Bowl appearance.  It's one year past put up or shut up time in Dallas.  Romo says he has grown up so he needs to show up.  The Cowboys have had a full off season so I don't want to hear Dez Bryant missed curfew.  I don't want to hear that Witten's spleen hurts.  I don't want to hear a single excuse.  All the money you players are being paid, go earn it!  I know Dallas isn't the only team that's wasting talent like it grows on trees.  I'll get to them later.  Dallas is in position to become the most overrated and underachieving team of the decade, period.  Do or Do Not!  There is no try!

My pick: Giants

I know this is short but I'm just getting back into a rhythm in writing this blog.  I have a lot of things coming up in the next few days.  Look for multiple entries starting tomorrow through Tuesday, Sept. 11.  I have a 9/11 entry for that day as well.

Thank you to those who have commented, argued, debated and criticized. Keep it coming.  I appreciate it and will continue to speak my mind and tell it like it see it.  You can follow on twitter: @SSGWareJordan23

D!

No comments:

Post a Comment