Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Phoenix Report: Football is Back!

Its just 2 days before the first game of the 2011 NFL season and just 6 weeks ago, the season was in doubt of even happening.  Fan outrage and frustration has been replaced with anticipation of what could be a great season. Will Green Bay repeat?  Will the Eagles live up to the hype or fold like the Miami Heat did?  These are just a couple of questions out there as the regular season approaches.  Injuries will be the key this season more than any other.  A shortened off season and training camps are to thank for that.

Will Michael Vick surpass his stats from last season?  I think so.  For the first time in his life, he understands the position of QB.  If he can stay healthy, which he hasn't been able to do, the Eagles can and should win it all.

First game: New Orleans vs. Green Bay.  Is there anything better then the last 2 Super Bowl champs starting the season?  HELL NO!  Well, maybe Pats vs. Colts but lets face it, Brady isn't Brady of 10 yrs ago and P Manning is falling apart.  Green Bay last season reminds me of the Pats first SB win.  They were LUCKY to get there but took care of business.  I don't hate the Packers but I don't like them either.  I will and do give them the respect of being the CHAMPS!  On the other side, the Saints have to find a way to put their surprise early exit from the playoffs behind them and come out and play the way they did 2 years ago, when they won it all and restored the pride to New Orleans.

I will break down the AFC by division later today and the NFC tomorrow.  I am open to comments, suggestions and criticism.  This is my opinion so I'm still gonna say what I want to.  LOL!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment